- Admin > Global Settings > System Defaults
The System Defaults area allows you to choose when and how to send reminders to Targets for items about to expire. These reminders are sent even if you have set specific reminders and nudges in individual Criteria.
It is here that you select who (which System Role) is to be notified of expiries and who to have these escalated to after a certain amount of time.
You can also set Nudge reminders for a certain number of days, weeks or months before expiry against specific Message Templates.
Finally, you can choose whether to record reminders in History on the Dashboard.
The following will help you decide on what defaults you would like to set:
Compliance Reminders Setup
- Default Reminder for Compliance - this is the number of days, weeks or months before an item expires that the system will send a reminder (about it) to whoever is to action it (Target or System Administrator)
- Remind by Default - Select Yes to have reminders sent. Only select No if you don't want to send any default reminders before items expire
System Users Notification
- Notify of Expiries - Select to which System Role notification of expiries are to be sent
- Notice Backend - Select which channels you would like to allow reminders and notifications to be sent through. Email should always be selected as this is the normal default. Database is used for social media eg Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- CC Notifications To - Enter the email address of an individual who must receive expiry notifications
- Escalation Days - Select the number of days following expiry that an expiry notification must be escalated
- Escalate To - Select to which System Role notification of expiries are to be escalated
Target Instance Notifications
- Send Nudge Reminders (Targets) Select Yes to enable nudge reminders to be sent
- Allow Override - Leave defaulted to No as this functionality has not yet been implemented
- Nudge Time - Select the number of Days, Weeks or Months after which a reminder should be sent against a Message Template (selected from the adjacent menu) having been sent
- Save & Add another - click to add another nudge against the same or a different template
- Record Reminders in History - Select Yes to have reminders recorded in the Target's Activity and History tab on their profile and in the Dashboard History
- Click Save.